In 2019, Kootenai County Land Co. (in partnership with Lakeside Companies) acquired 1,050 acres in the heart of Kootenai County. This land will be home to residences ranging from large, custom view sites to more quaint footprint homes offering affordability and urban style living.
Annexation efforts for Coeur Terre are now underway. This connected community embraces the land and the local roots. Coeur Terre is a community unlike anything else in the area. The planned site is rich with elements, as listed below, that anchor the memories people will share after visiting the site.
What are the goals of the Coeur Terre?
- Livability: Quality of life derived from the built and natural environment, and access to cultural and recreational opportunities.
- Walkability: Infrastructure which supports ease of access and safety for pedestrians.
- Variety: To offer a range of housing types and price points to meet the various needs and lifestyles of our community members.
- Conveniently Located: Conveniently located between Post Falls and Coeur d’Alene, Coeur Terre will provide valuable infill development, to keep city service costs low and to promote responsible and sustainable growth.
- Integrated Infrastructure: Streets, water, and sewer lines are constructed to meet area capacity needs now and in the future.
What types of amenities are included in Coeur Terre?
- Pedestrian and bicycle paths are integrated throughout the community, including a connection to the Prairie Trail which connects to the Centennial Trail.
- Parks and open space are incorporated within each section of development.
- The central corridors of Coeur Terre provide commercial opportunities.
How long will it take for Coeur Terre to be built?
- Development will occur in phases, gradually over time, as sections of Coeur Terre are built one at a time.
- The build out process is estimated to take 20- 30 years and will depend on market trends and community need.